Friday, April 12, 2019

ONE AGAINST THE WORLD

Hello there πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Welcome to InkInspires.Something big is happening today, it's the international day of the street Child.
The street Child Phenomenon in Africa has over years become unbearable.Due to the poverty level,parental irresponsibility and government's non-chalant attitude, millions of young boys and girls have taken refuge in the streets, becoming very vulnerable and open to disaster.
Today's Friday Tales of Today will share the experience of a street kid turned important personality.
Also, remember to reach out to a street Child today, not just with money,but words of encouragement.You could further help by getting to know more about them and how you can help, in your capacity.
Who knows what Africa can become tomorrow with these children.
Get inspired!!!

    ONE AGAINST THE WORLD
Life is never a bed of roses.This is not just a quote ,for me it is a reality.I am he whose name did not matter at all.Being the last child of an amazing family that life snatched from me some years ago,I thought life was as easy to chew as cheese.Discovering that it was as hard as steel was a very hard activity.My father used to be a journalist,my mother a business woman.
I had two sisters that were very spoilt.I thought I had the world.I really thought the world and I were pals, until the world betrayed me, and the situation became:One Against the World.My father died in an auto accident,mum of heart attack, sisters resorted to prostitution, family members that hated us initially, forcefully took all the properties,with no one to care for me,no one to look out for me,the situation became:One Against the world.
I resorted to the streets,man must live at Least.I would beg,pick pockets,cry,steal and sleep.
I was a tattered looking boy no one would glance at more than once.I joined a gang of hungry and angry street children that robbed people.I ended up spending ten years behind bars.I was miserable!
My miracle did not forsake me,my Angel still remembered me.It was in the prison that I met people who taught me that I could lead my life, write the script of my own life play.Deciding my future and working towards effecting it and making it sustainable.
Today I am a medical doctor that takes care of children,head of boards that deal with Justice for children and promotion of children's rights.
Today I'm Relevant!
I was useless,cold, forsaken
Now, I'm happy ,strengthened and fufilled!
               Deborah Benjamin
©2019
#international day of the street child

I hope you were inspired by this piece
Remember to share with contacts too
Drop your comments, questions or contributions..

InkInspires
....Life with the Ink powerπŸ˜‰

3 comments: